Sun protection: Exposure to the sun can cause damage to the skin and lead to uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, and other signs of aging. Using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 can help protect your skin from the harmful effects of UV radiation. The wrong type of sun protection can clog up your pores and maybe difficult to apply / remove. Try using ms.Artisan's easy to apply sunblock for hassle free sun protection.
Gentle exfoliation: Regular exfoliation can help remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover, which can lead to a brighter and more even skin tone. However, it's important to use gentle exfoliants, such as alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) or beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), and avoid over-exfoliation, which can irritate the skin. ms.Artisan's natural glowly mint scrub contains natural microbeads that gently exfoliates even for sensitive skin types.
Topical treatments: Some topical treatments, such as retinoids, vitamin C, niacinamide, and arbutin, can help reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and promote a brighter and more even skin tone. However, it's important to use these treatments as directed and avoid using multiple treatments at once, which can cause irritation or sensitivity. Click here to view ms.Artisan's extensive range of natural skincare products containing niacinamide.
Healthy lifestyle habits: Eating a balanced diet, getting enough sleep, and reducing stress can all contribute to maintaining healthy skin. Drinking plenty of water can also help keep your skin hydrated and improve its overall appearance.
- Look out for natural ingredients that help skin lightening / Whitening.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation. It works by inhibiting the production of melanin, which is the pigment that gives skin its color. You can find vitamin C in various skincare products, such as serums, moisturizers, and masks.
- Licorice root: Licorice root contains a compound called glabridin, which has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and skin-brightening properties. It can help reduce the appearance of dark spots and even out skin tone. You can find licorice root in various skincare products, such as toners, serums, and moisturizers.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide, also known as vitamin B3, has been shown to have brightening and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and even out skin tone. You can find niacinamide in various skincare products, such as serums, moisturizers, and masks.
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs): AHAs, such as glycolic acid and lactic acid, can help exfoliate the skin and promote cell turnover, which can lead to a brighter and more even skin tone. They can also help reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation. You can find AHAs in various skincare products, such as toners, exfoliants, and masks.
Kojic acid: This natural ingredient is derived from mushrooms and has been shown to help reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and promote a brighter, more even skin tone.
Arbutin: Arbutin is a naturally occurring compound found in some plants, such as bearberry. It works by inhibiting tyrosinase, an enzyme that is involved in melanin production, and can help reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
It's important to note that skin color is a natural variation and should be celebrated rather than stigmatized. Embracing and caring for your skin as it naturally is can lead to a healthier and happier outlook on life.
At ms.Artisan, we pride ourselves as Singapore's leading natural skincare formulators and Arbutin is one of the commonly used natural skincare ingredients used during the product planning stage.